The dancer and actress is best known for her starring role in Step Up (2006) alongside Channing Tatum — with whom she fell in love while filming the movie, married in 2009 and divorced in 2019. Today, she and Tatum co-parent their daughter, Everly. while Dewan has been engaged to Steve Kazee since 2020, and they share a son named Callum.
In an interview with Glamour published on August 15, Dewan, 42, dished on her beauty and self-care habits. Let's take a closer look at her routine!
Jenna Dewan's skincare routine includes retinol and skin-brightening
When Dewan was a teenager, she struggled with acne. Even after laser treatments, she still has discoloration and deals with melasma — a condition marked by spots or patches of skin darker than a person's natural skin tone.
Among the skincare products Dewan uses regularly to help combat these issues is a retinol.
"There's Exuviance retinol, but I also sometimes use straight Retin-A, like the old-school kind, just to get down to it," she shared. "Then I use the NeoStrata thicker cream or another moisturizer afterward, and it helps if there's any dryness."
Sunscreen is another must-have, and the actress said she prefers Supergoop.
"They have a glow sunscreen that I use a lot — twice a day," she told Glamour. "Because that's the thing with melasma: You have to keep sunscreen on all the time. So it's about finding one that also gives you a glow."
Other skincare products Dewan said she uses for her daily regimen include:
- Neostrata Glycolic Cleanser: Dewan uses it twice a daily, and it "brings light exfoliation and a glow right away."
- Neostrata PHA Daily Moisturizer: She uses this "most of the time" but also likes the Triple Firming Neck Cream for "stronger, heavier moisture."
- Neostrata Vitamin C Serum
- NeoStrata Vitamin C Brightening Eye Cream
- SK-II face masks: Dewan said it's "also really great at brightening."
- Peace Out acne dots
- Dolce Glow face mist in light/medium
- Prima face oil: It has CBD, and she said it's "really luxurious and awesome."
- Laneige Lip Mask: Dewan uses this at night.
Dewan also dished on her self-care habits.
Dewan takes self-care seriously, too. Like millions of fellow Swifties, the dancer hit up Taylor Swift's Eras Tour in 2023, and she said the positive energy from the experience "filled up [her] tank so much."
A more routine self-care practice the mom of two loves is taking a "witchy bath" complete with essential oils, Epsom salt and lighted candles — the works.
"The sage is going; it's a whole vibe for me at night in my baths," she told the publication. "I love all my spiritual stuff, and I love meditating.”
So ... relaxing baths, retinol, sunscreen, moisturizer, brightening cream and Taylor Swift — check! We can definitely get behind this advice.