Singer Nicole Scherzinger may no longer be doing daily calorie-burning choreography with the Pussycat Dolls, but the star, 43, is still in amazing shape thanks to her personal trainer Andrea Rogers.
The fitness guru shared one of the Masked Singer panelist's go-to workouts, but she noted that it's most important to just have a good attitude.
"I see motivation as a perpetual cycle that begins with action, not mindset. It’s what I call, 'just press play!' Motivation comes from doing the hard things – taking the action head on, out the gate," she dished to Hollywood Life. "From the action, you’ll get positive results. This then leads to a motivation mindset. You’ll naturally want to keep going. It’s that momentum we talked about. It’s about getting things moving, start by taking the hard action."
And Rogers insisted that you can still get in a great workout without using a single piece of equipment.
Scroll down to see how to do her Xtend Barre Workout.
The first set of moves require you to be in the plie position: have your feet spread wider than your hips and externally rotate your feet. Then lift your arms to shoulder height.
1. Plies: bend and extend legs for 4 reps slowly, then 8 reps tempo.
2. Plie Pulse: small pulse in plie for 16 reps.
3. Plie & Tendu: bend both legs, extend both legs, tap toe to tendu, bring arms overhead (5th position); repeat alternating tendu side 16 reps in tempo.
Next is a set of exercises for the upper body:
1. Tricep Dips: seated, fingertips facing hips, bend and extend elbows for 8 reps.
2. Advance Tricep Dips: repeat above while hovering hips off the mat. Do 8 reps/16 pulses.
3. Wide Elbow Pushups: pushup on knees or extend legs, pushup 4-8 reps slowly, then 8 reps tempo, then 8 reps pulsing.
For the third round, you'll need to face a barre or chair while positioning your feet together.
1. Releves: lift and lower heels, keeping straight legs. Do 8-16 reps.
2. Plies on Releve: keeping heels high, bend legs to challenge zone, then return to start. Do 16 reps.
3. Plie Pulse on Releve: keeping heels high, lower lift an inch, with bent knees. Do 16-32 reps.
4. Parallel Lunges: alternate legs lunging back to a 90-degree angle. Do 8-16 reps.
5. Parallel Lunge Jumps: to advance, repeat above jumping to switch lunges, alternating legs. Do 8-16 reps.
6. Foldover: facing barre, feet together, knees bent, elbows on the barre, extend one leg back, begin to lift and lower straight leg. Do 8-16 reps.
7. Foldover Pulse: hold leg at the top, pulse leg up for 16 reps. Repeat foldover on the other side.
Last, but certainly not least, there's core moves.
1. Plank Hold: hold plank for 32 reps.
2. Hip Dips: twist hips side to side to activate obliques for 8-16 reps.
3. Alternating Passes: draw toe to knee, alternating legs to flow for 8-16 reps