Choosing a paint color for the rooms of your house can be an intimidating task, but the pros at Valspar are here to help!
The experts suggest first deciding on what you're looking to gain from your space. For example, if you want to add some sophistication, opt for "a monochromatic look" in a rich, deep shade that's dark but not quite black. You'd then add some color through fabrics and furnishings.
If you want your space to bring about a sense of calmness, try an earthy tone you would find in nature, such as greens and grays, but if you're hoping to add warmth and comfort to a room, stick to a neutral palette.
Some people may want to decorate their space to be uniquely theirs, and for that, you can look to your zodiac sign for inspiration. That's why Valspar teamed up with Ophira and Tali Edut of the AstroTwins.
Together, they deducted which 2022 Color of the Year best aligns with each zodiac sign.
Below are their suggestions, via Family Features:
- Aries – Sunset Curtains: A warm and soothing color like this supports a transformational year full of new opportunities
- Taurus – Gilded Linen: This clean, cozy color makes spaces feel open, perfect for celebrating togetherness
- Gemini – Grey Suit: This is a color of warmth and versatility, a signature combination for Geminis
- Cancer – Delightful Moon: A spirited, playful color inspires a year of growth and adventure
- Leo – Mountain River: A dark and dreamy color invites inspiration for a year filled with abundance
- Virgo – Subtle Peach: It's the year of partnerships for Virgos; this harmonious color works well alongside others but can also stand on its own
- Libra – Orchid Ash: A cool and breezy color keeps it simple so Libras can focus on a year of vitality
- Scorpio – Fired Earth: This warm and approachable color is perfect for Scorpios who plan to bring new people into their lives this year
- Sagittarius: Rustic Oak: A relaxing and comforting color that welcomes coziness in the new year
- Capricorn – Blanched Thyme: For Capricorns, this is the year of variety, and this is a refreshing tone to support change
- Aquarius – Country Charm: This hue provides warmth and stability for a year of productivity
- Pisces – Lilac Lane: A playful pastel hue that brings softness along with optimism and renewal
To see what each color looks like, head to Valspar's website!