Baby-faced Brit Tom Holland has gone for three spins as the leading man in a Marvel movie, with Spider-Man: No Way Home. The flick followed his multiple appearances as the web-slinger in the Avengers film franchise and saw him battling scenery-chewing Willem Dafoe's Green Goblin. Here are 10 things you didn't know about Holland.
1. He's the oldest of four children and has three brothers — Paddy and twins Harry and Sam.
2. When he was a kid, he had Spider-Man bed sheets.
3. He credits Janet Jackson's music with putting him on the path to dance lessons and explains, "When I was a baby, one of her songs used to send me into a dancing frenzy. My mom thought I had natural rhythm, so she was like, 'You should go to a dance class.
4. He attended Catholic schools in London, where he was bullied by fellow students for being a dancer.
5. He was diagnosed with the learning disability dyslexia at age 7.
6. He made his acting debut onstage in London's West End in Billy Elliot the Musical, playing the title character's best friend, Michael Caffrey — and took on the lead role in September 2018.
7. After his viral Lip Sync Battle performance of Rihanna's "Umbrella" in 2017, the former gymnast regretted his choice of footwear. "I didn't mind being in drag. I said, 'You want me to dance in the rain and do a front flip? I can't do that in heels.' I wish I had now. That would have shut things down."
8. He owns a blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Tessa.
9. When he was cast to play teenage Peter Parker/Spider-Man at age 19, he was the youngest actor ever tapped to play the superhero.
10. After months of gushing over his Spider-Man co-star Zendaya on social media, he confirmed they were a couple in November 2021.