If you've ever wondered what Kate Hudson eats every day, here's your answer!
The mom-of-three, who became an ambassador for WW (formerly Weight Watchers) in 2019, put together a quick video that showed her cooking up the brand's Butternut Squash, Sage and Mushroom Lasagna.
The actress explained that she first joined the program because it doesn't enforce a strict diet.
"I love cocktails, french fries, and ice cream," she admitted. "Now it’s all about balance: figuring out how to create the fun and still live a healthy lifestyle."
This dish is a lighter, meatless take on a classic lasagna, though WW warned that it is at a "difficult" skill level — though the Fabletics founder did just fine!
Each serving comes in at 1 to 4 points, depending on an individual's PersonalPoints plan.
Scroll down for the recipe.
- 2 medium (about 3 pounds total) uncooked butternut squash
- 2 sprays cooking spray
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 pound fresh white button mushrooms, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- ½ pound dried shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp, or to taste, table salt
- 11 oz fat free evaporated milk
- 3 medium, uncooked shallots, sliced
- 1 Tbsp, raw sage, chopped
- ⅛ tsp, or to taste, table salt
- ⅛ tsp, or to taste, black pepper
- 8 oz, uncooked (9 noodles), whole-wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 1 squash in half lengthwise. Peel other squash and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
4. Put evaporated milk, shallots, remaining 2 garlic cloves and sage in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover and remove from heat.
6. Coat a 9 X 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Spoon half of mashed squash into bottom of pan and spread into an even layer. Top with 3 uncooked noodles (you will need to break them to make them fit) and spoon over 1 cup of mushroom-squash mixture. Top with 1/2 cup of mashed squash and repeat layers two more times ending with 1/2 cup of mashed squash.