The Bravo star began incorporating healthier ingredients after her mother, Ana, had a stroke, so now, she's using her platform to raise more awareness about the relationship between cardiovascular risk and the Hispanic population, as the American Heart Association revealed that 52 percent of Hispanic men and 43 percent of Hispanic women nationwide have a form of heart disease.
Below, the Real Housewives of Miami star details her recipe for the filling but light Sheet Pan Marinated Salmon and Veggies, which she serves with Garlic Aioli.
Ingredients for salmon and veggies:
- 1 lb. small Yukon Gold or red potatoes (you may substitute for sweet potato if desired), halved or quartered, depending on size (make sure they are about the same size for even cooking)
- 4 (6-oz.) skin-on salmon fillets
- 4 Tbsp. Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. fresh French green beans, trimmed
- Zest of 1 lemon (reserve juice)
Ingredients for Garlic Aioli:
- 4-5 cloves of garlic very finely minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1/3 cup Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
Directions for salmon:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Arrange potatoes, cut side down, on a large, rimmed baking sheet, spacing evenly apart. Add 1 1/4 cups water (just enough to coat the baking sheet), and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, until the potatoes are fork-tender and water has evaporated.
2. While the potatoes bake, begin preparing salmon. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and set aside. Combine 2 Tbsp. Mazola Corn Oil, 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and 1 tsp. salt. Rub marinade mixture evenly over salmon and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Move potatoes to one half of the baking sheet and toss with 1 1/2 Tbsp. Mazola Corn Oil, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Arrange salmon fillets in the center of the baking sheet, and transfer back to the oven. Bake for 5 minutes.
4. Add green beans to the open side of the pan and toss with remaining 1/2 Tbsp. Mazola Corn Oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Place pan back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on broiler to high; broil until salmon is golden, about 2 minutes.
5. During the final bake, prepare the aioli (directions to follow).
6. Garnish salmon with lemon zest, and potatoes with additional chopped fresh parsley, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges and Mazola Corn Oil Garlic Aioli.
Directions for Garlic Aioli:
1. Combine garlic, salt, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl and whisk until it forms a loose paste. Add one tablespoon of oil at a time making sure to whisk in completely before adding the next until all ingredients are incorporated, and the mixture is nice and smooth. Add the chopped parsley and serve with salmon and veggies.
*Visit www.mazola.com for information about the relationship between corn oil and heart disease.